Saturday, December 20, 2008

Hop like a Bunny from the start… trust me!

Okay so here is a lesson you want to learn from me, don’t try and do any of the Birth, Death or Marriage certificates yourself, cause once you do that, and things go wrong, well then you sadly you cant go back and ask for a company like Bunny Hop to come and help you out.

Without going into all the pain I have been experiencing with this, I can tell you that I was not really foolish enough to go and do it myself, but I made the mistake of assuming that all that a company like bunny hop did was the waiting that you would have done.

The company where I work makes use of Leavit 2 Me which does all the leg work for the people who work there, so that work time is not interrupted by petty and irritating chores that can only be done during work hours – nice idea.

So I invoked that power and said, please go and get me some birth certificates for my two boys. What could possibly go wrong…  Well needless to say Murphy came out of the wood work.. but I will resist the temptation to go into that now, except to say that I am on week 20 ( I think ) and no closer to getting them.

So what am I saying here… well if you are going to get someone to help you, understand what they do, not everyone that helps is the same.

Some more detail, the processes that exist for the general public suck.. basically if you apply, you get dumped into a big bag and the bag waits patiently until it is full before it meanders it way up to the main offices. Decent services will courier up your request over night… you are probably already a few weeks ahead at this point.

Next there is some mythical searching process that takes place after the bag gets emptied, and I am told that it can take up to 3 months for them to find all the requests that have ( what sounds like ) been dumped in a pile.

Now a reputable support company will have people queuing at the key location when the request is lodged ( as an aside, it sounds like you really really really want to do this with Pretoria and nowhere else – again something that reputable services provider would know ). I am not sure what the queuing does, but somehow manages to make the requests filter to the top, and come out in a sane period of time.

Needless to say, the company that I used, simply applied on my behalf a the local site ( Durban… you really really don’t want to use them ) and left me high and dry. Not their fault they don’t claim to be home affairs experts, just not a you , it was my fault for not understanding and assuming.

Don’t make my mistake, because if you do, then you are in the horrible position where the request for the information is in the system, and then the support companies cannot help you, ‘cause they know that no matter what they do, the request will always go back to the place where it was first lodged…. so I beg you, pay the money and get it over with.

No comments: